Monday, January 3, 2011

Carter is 6 weeks old!

Time has sure flown by. Carter is already 6 weeks old. We are having lots of fun with him. Lucas is really good with him and always wants to smother him with kisses. I think Carter has finally figured out the difference between night and day and that he is suppose to sleep at night. Last night he went 8 1/2 hours between feedings. Wahoo! Carter is a really good baby, he loves to be held all the time, and he never cries unless Lucas is picking on him.

As for the birth story... On November 23rd I went that morning to my regular doctors appointment. I was having incision pain from my previous c-section and some decreased fetal movement and I had not progressed at all for the last 4 weeks. So considering all that the doctor decided it was time to have a birthday. He asked us to go the the hospital at 3. We rushed home and made arrangements for Lucas and cleaned the house and packed our bags and off we went. Now because I had a c-section with Lucas I could not be induced because of the risks so I had to have another c-section with Carter. We got to the hospital by 3 they got me all prepped and by 4:42 Carter was born. This was by far a better experience and recovery then it was with Lucas. I guess c-sections aren't so bad after all. We stayed in the hospital 5 days. We had to stay an extra day because Carter had lost a lot of weight and my incision had opened up a little bit. 3 weeks out they found leftover particals of conception or placenta in my uterus. I had to have a D&C to get all that out. They could not get my to stop bleeding so I had to stay the night in the hospital. I was able to go home by the next day. Thankfully my sister was in town and she was able to take care of Carter and Lucas while Colt stayed with me. I feel really good now and am ready to have everything back to normal.




These pictures were taken in the hospital when Carter was just shy of 1 day old.





First bath



6 weeks old

Print this post

4 comments:

Swasey family said...

Oh Melissa he is adorable!!!! SOO stinkin cute!! I am so sorry about the postpartum stuff that sounds terrible!meetic

Ty and Mari said...

so cute! cute little boys!

Heidi said...

So so so cute!! Congratulations to all four of you. What a darling family you guys make. Super happy for you and totally wish we could've come visit while we were in town. Your kids are adorable. Big hugs from us!!!!!

Chandice said...

It's so funny how similar how little families are in age and size! So cute Melissa!!! :)